Cauliflower would undoubtedly be the veggie of 2017 right? And for good reason.
Whether you’re whipping up a mock fried cauliflower rice
or a pizza crust, cauliflower has been the go to vegetable that I can see hanging around beyond this year!
Simply put, whole baked cauliflower
is the bomb. It is just so easy to bake. As the perfect accompaniment to Christmas dinner, roast dinner or on salad – this is one recipe you can’t say is too hard.
Whole Baked Cauliflower with Coconut and Pomegranate Curry
- 1 Cauliflower head
- Water to blanch
- 1 tps Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 pomegranate
- chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil, sage etc)
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- olive oil for rubbing
1.Remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower and the stalk so the cauliflower can sit flush.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Use enough water so all the cauliflower is immersed in it.
3. Add the turmeric and cook the cauliflower in the boiling water for approx 3-5 minutes flipping to make sure both ends are done .
4. Turn on the oven to 180 degree fan forced. Line a baking dish with baking paper with enough to go up the sides of the dish. Place the cauliflower in the baking dish and rub olive oil evenly over the top. Rub the curry powder over the head of the cauliflower and pour the coconut cream around the base of the cauliflower.
5. Bake for approx 40-45 minutes until the cauliflower is browning on the top.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh herbs and pomegranate over to add colour and flavour. Cut like a cake and enjoy!