A perfect warming meal that welcomes you at the door on chilly evenings with an aroma that will knock your socks off. This slow cooker vegetable and chicken risotto soup is so easy to make with the bonus of not needing much time to prepare. All you need is the ingredients and you’re good to go!
Add a little more broth to have a thinner style of soup, or leave as is for a thick, chunky style of meal.
Slow Cooker Vegetable and Chicken Risotto Soup
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp sage leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp thyme, chopped finely
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, without shaking using the thicker, top portion of the can
- 500gm free-range chicken thigh fillets, diced
How To Make
1. Combine all ingredients, bar the coconut cream, in your slow cooker pot (if you are a little short on time you can always brown off the chicken first in a frypan). If you are used fresh herbs add these toward the end of the cooking time, or else dried herbs can be placed in at the beginning of the cooking process.
2. Cook for 6-8 hours on the low setting
3. Remove bay leaves and discard. Remove the chicken thighs, shred and return to the pot.
4. 10 minutes before serving, stir in coconut cream (and fresh herbs) gently and season with salt and pepper.