When you feel your kids are tired and not really in the mood for a meat and 3 veg meal, these healthy thermomix sausage rolls are the perfect quick and healthy meal to whip up without fuss. I have replaced breadcrumbs with almond meal and arrowroot to slightly increase nutrition with the vegetables.
Dependent on time but if you have the luxury of making your own pastry then this is a far better and healthier option. If you don’t have a thermomix, then the same principles apply when using a food processor.
Healthy Thermomix Sausage Rolls
400gm grass fed pork mince
¼ cup almond meal
2 tbs arrowroot powder
1 beaten egg
store-bought puff pastry
How To Make
- If you are making your own puff pastry do this first. Otherwise remove store bought puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw.
- Pre-heat oven 200 degrees (fan-forced)
- Place the carrots, zucchini, and onion in thermomix bowl for 5 secs on level 5
- Add the mince to the vegetables, then reverse spin 20 secs on level 5 or until evenly distributed through the bowl
- Add the arrowroot powder, almond meal and herbs for a further 10 seconds until combined.
- Cut the pastry into halves and place spoonful’s of the mince along the edge of the pastry
- Gently roll to enclose the filling and brush with beaten egg
- Cut to desired size and place seam down on a prepared tray lined with baking paper
- Repeat until all mince is used. Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown