It’s Easter time and with this comes a simple, yet fantastic 4 ingredient Easter egg that you can enjoy and share with your family.
These cute morsels were inspired by the bounty bar – Coconut filled choc bars you find at the supermarket checkout. But don’t buy them. Make these instead!
Low Sugar Bounty Bar Easter Eggs
2 cups shredded coconut
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
1/2 cup organic dark cooking chocolate
How To Make
- Shred the coconut in a food processor or thermomix until it forms a coarse like consistency. Add the rice malt, and vanilla and give a quick whiz to combine.
- With a teaspoon or tablespoon, scoop up small amounts and press to form an Easter egg mound ON the spoon. Slide each one off the spoon and place each one on a plate to set in the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Once the coconut eggs are set, melt the chocolate over a low heat in a small saucepan. This will only take less than a minute so stay close by.
- Again, with a tablespoon, scoop up some melted chocolate and place one coconut egg on the spoon and roll to coat. Be careful here not to disturb the coconut.
- Place on a plate and place in the fridge to set.