These savoury mini pizza muffins are a welcome change to traditional sweet sugary based muffins. With the addition of tomato pesto, the flavour is enhanced while melted cheese just screams pizza!
Give these a whirl this weekend for a snack that will please everyone!
Mini Pizza Muffins
1 cup self-raising flour (or gluten free self-raising if you wish)
½ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
Handful grated zucchini
3 rasher bacon, diced
1 tsp Italian herbs
2 tablespoons tomato pesto
½ cup cheese + more for sprinkling
How To Make
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl in order as per ingredient list above
- Mix together well into a thick batter, or alternatively place into an electric mixer and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a well-greased muffin tray and top with extra cheese
- Bake in a moderate oven (160 degrees) for approx 20-25mins or until the cheese is a golden melted brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in fridge or freezer and serve as a snack or lunchbox filler.