Made with gluten free flour, but without added refined sugars, these sugar less banana pancakes are a great post surf/workout brekkie idea
Sugar Less Banana Pancakes w Berry Coulis
1 cup gluten free self-raising. flour (or plain self-raising if you prefer)
1 tsp xylitol
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large overripe banana, mashed
1/3 cup greek yoghurt
1/3 cup milk
2 free range eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup berries of your choice
2 tbs chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE
- Over a low heat add strawberries with a small amount of water to a small saucepan and simmer to soften. Thicken by adding chia seeds. They will absorb water as it cools. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix dry ingredients together (flour, cinnamon, xylitol) and then add the wet (yoghurt, milk). Add in banana and eggs
- Pulse until well combined and batters forms
- Heat fry pan on low heat with coconut oil and pour small amounts of batter turning once they begin to form small bubbles. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve by pouring over berry sauce with whipped butter
This recipe appeared first in SUPworld magazine.