Once you have made this recipe it will become a firm, one dish favourite.
A great way to use up your spare veggies and fill your belly with nutrition. This beef and vegetable cannelloni with feta recipe feeds my family of four with enough to freeze and save for another night.
Beef and Vegetable Cannelloni with Feta Recipe
5oo grams free range beef mince
2 tsp minced garlic
1 small brown onion, diced
3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
½ small red capsicum, roughly sliced
1 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
1 cup spinach or kale leaves
1 cup broccoli florets
2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
Mixed Italian herbs
100gm feta cheese, cut into small cubes
375 gm fresh lasagne sheets or cannelloni tubes.
1 jar passata sauce
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced
- Brown the mince, garlic and onion in a fry pan on high heat. Season with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mince to a food processor with all vegetables. Process until roughly broken down. Be careful not to over process as this will form a sauce!
- In a deep sided baking dish, spread enough passata to evenly cover the base.
- Roll out the lasagne sheets and cut in half so you have approx 15cm portions. Place 1/3 cup of mixture along the length of each lasagne sheet (or spoon into cannelloni rolls) and sprinkle some feta before rolling up to form a tube.
- Lay tubes side by side in the dish. Spoon over extra tomato passatta to coat and to avoid burning.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden. Serve with salad.