These almond protein bars are deliciously crunchy and brimming with energy to replenish your body after a hard workout.
Use your favourite protein powder, to create a snack that is easy to port without the hidden sugars.
Crunchy Almond Protein Bars
With thanks to Flannerys Wholefoods
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Organic Peanut Butter
– either melt some Organic Chocolate or make your own raw chocolate by combining:
- 3 TBS Coconut Oil
- 2 TBS Flannerys Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 TBS Cacao Powder
- A splash of vanilla
- Add coconut oil, peanut butter and almond milk to a saucepan and gently heat/stir until all the ingredients are melted together
- Remove from heat and whisk well to combine further. Add the dry ingredients and mix well until well combined. The mixture will become slightly crumbly.
- In a lined baking dish, add the dough mixture. Press and flatten out with your hands and level off.
- Next cover with a thin layer of chocolate and add your favourite toppings such as toasted almonds, coconut and seeds
- Pop in the fridge for an hour to set and then cut into bars.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container until needed.
If the mixture is too dry and crumbly, please add a little more milk. This is dependant on the type of protein powder you use, as some whey protein powders are more absorbent that others