If you’re afforded the time for a break over the holidays, then it’s the perfect time to get in the kitchen and have some fun testing out some new recipes.
From my experience, we tend to gather our favourite dozen or so and rotate them throughout the weeks – regardless of how old or long we have used them. We certainly are creatures of habit and until we find a new recipe that we are willing to try (with luck) will it become a new way of eating.
The fact is that new recipes are not going to jump onto our plates – we need to consciously decide to find new recipes, even start printing them out to create an old-style recipe book that we can call on for inspiration.
Creating healthy recipes is no more challenging than a standard recipe – most of the time I think they are simpler.
Today Shelley and Tina at Freedom Wellness, are sharing a hit dairy-free cheesecake that is also gluten-free – raw and has no added sugar with Ironmum Karla – I hope you enjoy!
Dairy-Free Lemon and Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
1 cup almonds
1 cup dates
2 cups of cashews (soaked)
1 cup of coconut cream
Juice of 6 whole lemons
1 cup of blueberries
- Pulse the base ingredients together. Press firmly into a round cake tin. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of blueberries over it.
- Pulse the lemon layer ingredients together until smooth. Pour over the blueberries and base.
- Take 1/4 cup of blueberries and pulse until juicy. Pour over the lemon layer and cut through with a knife.
- Sprinkle remainder of the blueberries over the top.
- Place in the freezer for 2 – 3 hours to set. Move to the fridge to soften before serving.