Really who can’t resist warming Chocolate Souffles?
Life is all about enjoying good, nourishing foods and not depriving yourself of a certain taste or flavour. Even though you may be conscious of what you eat, there are always a few tweaks that can improve a traditional recipe and turn it into something healthy and special. Sure,It’s always a good idea to have a certain restraint in place to avoid overeating sweet treats but hey, it’s super nice to indulge now and then.
These gooey soufflés are one of many great recipes you can find on the Flannery’s website. I have teamed up with Flannery’s and the Gold Coast City Council to present healthy cooking workshops around the coast this year and where I featured my Stuffed Pork Fillets with Raspberries and Walnuts.
Gluten Free Chocolate Souffles with Chocolate Sauce
Ingredients (Chocolate Souffles)
- 3 TBS ghee
- 2 TBS Cacao Powder
- 100g dark chocolate (such as Loving Earth or Organic Dark Chocolate from the bulk bins)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 organic free range egg yolks
- 2 organic free range egg whites
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Xylitol
- Pinch Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Flannerys Own Baking Powder
Ingredients (Chocolate Sauce)
- 4 TBS Coconut Oil
- 2 TBS Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup
- 3 TBS Cacao Powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Use 1 tablespoon of the ghee to grease 4 small ramekins.
- In a large heat proof bowl, resting over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate & remaining ghee.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the egg yolks (you will need to do this quickly so the eggs don’t cook) and then the vanilla.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs whites with the xylitol, salt & baking powder until the egg whites have formed soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon in the ramekins & bake for around 15 – 20 minutes (or until with souffles have risen).
- For the chocolate sauce combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve Souffles with ice cream of choice (we’re thinking something like So Delicious, Super Gelato, Coco Luscious or any of the delicious ice creams we have available in store) & a big drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Chocolate heaven!