To help lighten things up today, I have put together my list of 10 crazy things you’ll only ever understand if your an athlete.
I’m sure I will think of so many more after I have made this post so I will keep a record of them, in the meantime I would love to hear your own funny quirky ideas so be sure to add them to the comments section below or on my facebook page.
So here we go
10 Things You’ll Only Ever Understand if You’re An Athlete
1. You can use the word ‘fartlek‘ without cracking up into a fit of laughter
2. Find that months and months of training is so totally worth it for an hour race
3. See it totally normal to be rising at 4.45am
4. Know that nothing good happens after 9pm. Zzzzzz
5. Without hesitation can spend more on a bike than a car or tell yourself your workout gear is an investment in your health…Well, it so is!!
6. In a warped kind of way love the feeling of not being able to walk up the stairs or sit on a toilet after a hard leg workout.
7. Spend time detagging photos of yourself on facebook rather than tagging because of the strange facial expressions or totally bad body angles during an event or training
8. The awesome feeling (or not so awesome for some) you get just before the starting gun goes
9. This is for the females…the importance of having your nails, tanning, outfits, waxing a hair just right…for an event.
10. Have more running shoes than casual shoes
So tell me, I know there are more out there.
What are funny things you catch yourself doing that you know your non-athletic friends would so NOT be doing.