Here’s a recipe I make on the weekend’s which is a breakfast favourite.
Full of protein (from the eggs) and chock full of nutrients from what ever veggies you have left over in the fridge. This is a really simple recipe that’s perfect after a winters morning surf/workout or easy fuss free dinner.
BREAKFAST VEGETABLE FRITTATA
+ 6 eggs
+ 2 cups chopped cooked vegetables and/or meat (asparagus, brocolli, pumpkin, chicken, ham, potatoes, kale, fennel, etc.)
+ 1/2 cup shredded cheese
+ 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil or chives
+ Himalayian salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
+ 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat the oven or BBQ with hood to 180°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and stir in vegetables and/or meat, cheese, herbs and salt and pepper, if needed.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof pan over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add oil to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add egg mixture and allow to spread evenly and cook through, until the edges and bottom are set and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to stir, you should see it peeling from the edges if it is cooked through.
- Transfer the pan to the oven or BBQ and bake until frittata is deep golden brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Be mindful of using a oven mitt as handle will be hot! Loosen edges and bottom of frittata with a spatula; carefully slide onto a large serving dish.
- Serve warm, or cold. Perfect anytime!
This recipe appeared first in this month’s SUPWorld magazine