This meals rates as one of my easiest to date.
These fresh salad and chicken dumplings take the cake as a convenient ‘fast food’ option that uses pre-made ingredients and minimal time. Let’s not forget that they are nutritious as well!
My kids love these and it’s easy to mix around the ingredients to find a unique taste that suits your family. Use different meats, mix up your veggies and swap around your flavours. The kids love chipping to help roll them also.
Fresh Salad and Chicken Dumplings
- 250gm free range chicken breast
- 1 x packet mixed stirfry greens or salad
- 1 packet dumpling wrappers (found in refrigerator at supermarket) * These are not gluten free and made from wheat
How to make
- Brown the chicken breast in a fry pan and then transfer to food processor with salad mix and process slightly (so no bulky bits)
- Take wrappers out of fridge and one by one, take a teaspoon of the chicken mixture and place it in the middle of the wrapper. Then fold over the other half of the wrapper and press down on the edges with your fingertips to form a seal. If you could vision a pippy shell closing. If there is any gaps then the filling will escape while boiling.
- Boil a large saucepan of water. Once at boiling point- transfer batches to the boiling water. Be careful not to overcrowd or this will cause them to sticking together.
- Once the dumplings rise to the top, and begin to turn clear then they are ready to remove from the water. This takes less than a minute.
- Place the dumplings on plate, being careful to not allow them to touch each other or they will stick and tear.
- Serve immediately with organic tamari sauce and a side salad.