Gluten free and low in sugar these muffins are perfect snacks for the kids or big kids in your life!
Rice malt syrup is used instead of sugar which is fructose free and slower releasing in the liver. Good news for sustained energy!
LOW SUGAR APPLE MUFFINS
Ingredients – makes approx. 18
- 3/4 cup gluten free – self raising flour – (or almond meal, coconut flour with baking soda)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 peeled, cored and finely chopped apple
- 1 free range egg, whisked
- 1/3 cup nut or organic milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line 18 mini muffin pans with patty cases.
- Combine flour with cinnamon and apple.
- Combine whisked egg, milk, rice malt and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir to combine
- Spoon into cases and bake 10 mins until golden and springy.