Gluten-free and low in sugar these muffins are perfect snacks for the kids or big kids in your life!
Rice malt syrup is used instead of sugar which is fructose-free and slower releasing in the liver. Good news for sustained energy!
Low Sugar Apple Muffins
Ingredients – makes approx. 18
- 3/4 cup gluten-free – self-raising flour – (or almond meal, coconut flour with baking soda)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 peeled, cored and finely chopped apple
- 1 free-range egg, whisked
- 1/3 cup nut or organic milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line 18 mini muffin pans with patty cases.
- Combine flour with cinnamon and apple.
- Combine whisked egg, milk, rice malt and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir to combine
- Spoon into cases and bake 10 mins until golden and springy.