You really can’t get much easier than this .. Blueberries and coconut cream are a dream made in foody heaven and what’s even better is there’s no added fructose and the sugars occur naturally from the berry’s.
Blueberry’s are your best friend in keeping daily dietary sugars low but still punch a nutrient and fibre kick in your day. 1/2 cup blueberry’s will bring approx. 7 grams sugar while an apple is as high as 19 and half a mango can add up to 23 grams. Raspberry’s are even better at around 2.7 grams per 1/2 cup.
It’s nice to treat yourself every now and then without disrupting your tastebuds that have grown accustomed to low sugar foods. This recipe is perfect for that and is suitable for paleoists.
Blueberry Coconut Ripple
Ingredients (makes 1 small tray)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbs rice bran malt syrup (adjust this to your taste)
- 2 tsp natural vanilla
How to make
- In a food processor or thermomix process berry’s until slightly broken down.
- Add coconut milk and blend together. You can leave the berry’s as lumpy as you like here.
- Add in rice malt and vanilla and give another quick wiz.
- In a parchment paper lined small tray, pour mixture and allow to set in the freezer for at least 2 hours.