I’m going through a bit of a green tea phase at the moment. Adding Matcha into my morning smoothies and lattes and now bars.
Green tea powder is chock full of antioxidants – called catechin polyphenols – plus it has great fat burning benefits and acts as a liver detoxer and improves endurance. Be wary that yes the powder still does include caffeine but you really only need small amounts due to it’s potency. (and we don’t want too much caffeine as this stresses our adrenals ladies!)
This recipe has no fructose and is nut free
Green tea coconut bars
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut meal
- 2 tbs green tea powder (find it in your local Asian grocer also called matcha)
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup
- 2 tbs protein greens (optional)
- cocao chia seeds or nibs
- In a food processor or themomix add the coconut and coconut meal, green tea powder and protein greens. Mix until combined
- Add in the coconut oil, and rice malt syrup and mix until forming a dough like consistency but not too dough, just a fine dough.
- Transfer to a greased paper lined tray and press down firmly. Add chia seeds to the top and allow to set in the fridge. Once hard, cut and store in a container.