Here’s a spin on the traditional Anzac biscuit. Anzac granola using coconut oil instead of butter with half the sugar of regular Anzac biscuits. But you would never tell the difference. Quick to make and perfect to serve over fruit and yoghurt, use in smoothies or just plain by the spoonful out of the jar.
- If you want to make a larger amount, just double the portions..
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or if your sensitivity extends to oats use rice flakes
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs boiling water
- 2-4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Add the boiling water to the baking soda and mix into the dry ingredients
3. Add the coconut oil gradually so it forms a light crumble, the heat will bring out the oil more so just enough to make it stick in clumps
4. Rub together with finger tips and then turn out onto a tray lined with baking paper so it is evenly distributed on the tray.
5. Cook 20 mins or until golden brown fan forced 160 degree oven, turning with a spatula half way through. Allow to cool before storing