Easy to make and requires no baking, the recipe for this raw banana and coconut cream tart just begged me to create it.
I found the recipe in Have your cake and eat it too by Sally Bee. And although I don’t usually make recipes that don’t have pictures attached to show the finished look, it seemed quite foolproof…and it was.
Here’s how you make it
Raw banana and coconut cream tart
for the tart case
225gm whole pecan nuts
275gm pitted dates
2 tsp maple syrup
for the cream filling
150gm raw cashew nuts soaked overnight and drained
2 tbs maple syrup + 2 tsp maple syrup
1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
70 gm desiccated coconut
4 ripe bananas
1. To make the tart case using a food processor or blender, chop the pecans and then add the dates and pulse for about 20 seconds until well combined
2. Add the maple syrup and pulse again so the mixture is sticking together
3. Using the back of a metal spoon and your damp hands press the nut mixture firmly into a 23 cm pie dish and pop in the fridge to set
4. To make the filling grind the cashew nut to a coarse paste in the processor add 125 gm water, the maple syrup and vanilla and blend until smooth, scape the sides if needed. The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter.
5. Add the coconut to the blender and blitz to combine. Pour the filling mixture into the prepared tart case and spread evenly.
6. Peel and thinly slice the bananas on the bias and arrange as overlapping rows, beginning at the edge of the tart. Serve immediately
HINT; if you don’t plan on serving immediately, hold off on the bananas and store in the fridge until served, adding the bananas at the last-minute.