How easy are soups in the thermomix? Really. I cannot believe it has taken me nearly a year to actually make this healthy and hearty minestrone, but now the drought has been broken I expect to make a lot more this winter!
I was searching for a healthy recipe and came across one in “Healthy eating with Cyndi O’Meara” for this hearty minestrone soup.
I am a fan of thick soups that give you some to chew on (hence the word “hearty”) and this recipe can easily be adapted to making on the stove top.
Hearty beef minestrone soup
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
2-3 rashers of rindless bacon (fat removed)
20 gm oil
1 small carrot, diced
1 celery stick, sliced
1/2 zucchini, diced
250gm topside beef, fat removed and cubed
400gm can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp. TM stock concentrate or beef stock cube
1 can cannellini beans, drained
100gm small soup pasta
few springs parsley to garnish
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place onion, garlic and bacon into TM bowl and chop for 1 second on speed 6
2. Add oil and sauté for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1
3. Add carrot, celery, zucchini and beef and cook for 4 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse + speed soft
4. Add tomatoes, stock and water and cook for 8 minutes again at 100 degrees on reverse + speed soft
5. Add beans and pasta and cook for a further 12 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse + speed 1
6. Allow to rest in the TM bowl for at least 20 minutes for flaovours to blend. Garnish with parsley 7. and serve with a side of toast.